Thursday, January 6, 2011

One Room Down, About Seven To Go

I just finished painting Tom's office! It took me much longer than I expected. It is a very large room with lots of windows. I spent all day yesterday taping the room, painting the trim, and using a few choice words as I wobbled around on a unstable ladder.

Thankfully, Tom was able to borrow a better ladder from a friend at work. Today was much smoother. I finished rolling the room in few hours. It always amazes me how long the first steps of the painting process take. I wish there was a way to just skip to the roller. If anyone figures it out let me know.

...and now for the before and after pictures!




It is really hard to get a good angle on this room. There are actually four windows that go across the front. It is impossible to get them all in the photo though. The murphy bed is going to go on the empty wall in the first set of pictures. I'll post more pictures once we get everything in the room.

4 comments:

  1. Looks good.

    I hate painting too...

    Sounds like things are starting to come together there for you. Hope you're starting to adjust to the weather.

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. So soothing. Love the color and all those windows!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How high up are you. Beautiful apartment!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are on the third floor. We have an amazing view of the Chicago Skyline from our roof... and the future site of our roof top deck :)

    ReplyDelete