Monday, January 10, 2011

Nature Meets City

I decided to tackle our second bathroom yesterday. After my first project, Tom's office, this bathroom seemed perfect. Tom's office was probably the most difficult room to paint and this one is probably the easiest. The whole project only took a few hours. Awesome!

I had a hard time deciding what color to use.
The bathroom is full of tile and has a very modern flare to it.

These rust & gold glass tiles cover one wall...

... and this marble tile is everywhere.
It's shades of rust, black, and gold cover the shower, floor, and walls.

It seemed like using a rust or gold color would take away from the tile or be too intense. A light tan or yellow seemed too boring. That left only one more option...
That's right, BLACK.

Much to my surprise there were many versions
of the color black to choose from.


BEFORE PICTURES:
(Like Tom's office this room is also hard to get a photo of.
Below are my best attempts at before shots.)


AFTER PICTURES:
The theme for this bathroom is nature meets city.




The photos on the walls are pictures that I took hiking in Colorado.
I think it came together perfectly!

4 comments:

  1. I really like how that your paint color choice really brought out the color of the tile and marble. Its looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! Good choice in color. What a big difference that made in going dark. Looks like you're moving along with that place! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Quite beautiful!!! Very sophisticated! Love it!!! I too have used black in our new home and just love it. I love these updates.

    ReplyDelete