Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Pumpkin Bellini Room

Today, my focus is the family room. Which in the before pictures is still the color of.... well... let's just call it Pumpkin Bellini (a drink at snooze that is also this exact color.) When we first moved in I said that this room HAD to be the first one I painted... turns out it wasn't. Others rooms came first for different reasons.

The color actually began to grow on me. I can see why the previous owners picked it. It goes very nicely with the wood floors and adds a very rich feel to the room. However, it did not go well with our furniture and was the color of... well... you know. Here's what we did...

BEFORE PICTURES


This room was so much work to paint. One of the great things about this place is all the different angles. It's not as great for painting though... especially awful for taping.



AFTER PICTURES

I think it's safe to say that this is our dogs favorite room in the house.
It is hard to get a picture of the room without them in it.


This is also one of my favorite rooms. It has a great view of the Chicago Skyline and is the perfect place to relax with a yummy hot beverage and curl up with a good book.

3 comments:

  1. Looks so inviting! I just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and I want to see the ceiling... looks like you had the center of it taped off? Maybe I am wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The ceiling comes down about a foot in the center. I had to tape it off to paint the sides of it. I didn't paint the ceiling at all... just did a lot of taping :)

    ReplyDelete